Chrissy Metz's 'This Is Us' Costar Justin Hartley Supports Her GLP-1 Journey
The Big Three will always be there for one another’s biggest moments, years after the end of This Is Us.
“She’s wonderful, [and] she knows what I think of her. She’s terrific,” Justin Hartley told Extra in an interview published Monday, August 17, when asked about former costar Chrissy Metz’s ongoing weight loss journey. “Anytime I hear her doing well in any way, shape or form is a great thing for me because I love her dearly.”
Hartley, 49, and Metz, 45, played twins Kevin and Kate Pearson on NBC’s This Is Us from 2016 to 2022. Four years after wrapping the show, Metz revealed that she partnered with GLP-1 medication Ro to lose weight.
“I’m so excited. Listen, I was very skeptical about GLP-1s for years. I was like, ‘I don’t know about all this,’” Metz said on the August 10 episode of Today, noting that speaking with a friend about the medication ultimately changed her mind. “I was like, ‘OK, this might be helpful.’ Of course, in the meantime, there were some complications with my father’s health, and I was like, ‘Maybe I should try and get ahead of it.’ It was just something that I thought would be good for me. It’s not for everybody, but it’s been really wonderful for me.”
Chrissy Metz’s Inspiring Quotes About Her Weight Loss and Health Journey
Since using Ro, Metz has already seen changes in her health.
“I can run around the stage eight shows a week on Broadway as a 45 [year-old] perimenopausal woman,” added Metz, who is currently starring in the musical &Juliet. “It’s really helped with inflammation, it’s helped with, just sort of, energy, just overall health, which is so nice. For me, it’s health now for health later. That’s the most important thing for me, longevity.”
Metz has also undergone a “whole lifestyle change,” with the addition of strength training workouts into her daily routine.
Chrissy Metz Reveals How Strength Training and Meal Prep Changed Her Life
“It’s not the easy way out. I think a lot of people think, ‘Oh, it’s a magic wand.’ And no, in fact, you have to be more diligent,” the actress stated. “It’s good for me, because I’m really putting myself first. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, but I have to really put into practice now.”
Metz continued at the time, “It’s all wonderful. It’s all helping. It’s just been a really wonderful journey. I think that it’s so important to put yourself first. As we age, sometimes we have health issues that we are concerned about, or want to get ahead of. That was certainly my case. I have to do what’s right for me.”
from Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3GPLtwB
Comments
Post a Comment